Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Zombieland (October 2, 2009) R

Starring:
Woody Harrelson (Kingpin 1996, Zombieland 2 2011)
Jesse Eisenberg (Adventureland 2009, Zombieland 2 2011)
Emma Stone (Superbad 2007, Easy A 2010)
Abigail Brenson (My Sister's Keeper 2009, The Wild Bunch 2010)
Bill F***ing Murray!!! (Ghostbusters 1984, Ghostbusters III 2012)

With the success of Shaun of the Dead it was only a matter of time before yet another zombie comedy hit theaters. With the equal success of Zombieland there is now a new official genre called "Zomedy," and it's a great genre indeed.
It was like a zombie/date movie. The girls can gag during the bloody scenes (which were many) and the guys can gag during the emotional scenes (which were TOO many).

The best part of Zombieland (besides how hot Emma Stone was) was definitely Woody Harrelson. I'd never thought of Woody as the "tougher than nails" type, but now it's like that's all I want to see him play. He was brilliant!

My only complaint looking back now (though I didn't complain ever during the film) was that there weren't enough zombies. True, the film was as realistic as zombie films can be, but I wanted to see more zombie guts and less of Jesse Eisenberg standing around impotently while simultaneously narrating.

The second time I saw this in theaters I loved it all over again, and the third time was almost as good as the second.

Factoid: Woody Harrelson has never done a movie that he's wanted to make a sequel for until he did Zombieland.

No comments:

Post a Comment