Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Brothers (December 4, 2009) R

Starring:
Tobey Maguire (Spiderman, Spiderman 4 2011)
Jake Gyllenhaal (Donnie Darko, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time 2010)
Natalie Portman (Star Wars: Episode III, Thor 2011)
Sam Shepard (The Notebook, Border Crosses 2010)

FINALLY!!! A movie with some emotional and psychological MEAT to it!
And having not seen Tobey Maguire in anything new since Spiderman 3, I was surprised to discover that he truly is a great actor.
Never in my life did I think I would say this, but Natalie Portman and Jake Gyllenhaal couldn't keep up with Tobey. During one of the greatest "freak out" scenes I've seen, Natalie almost ruined it with her mediocre acting.

The movie also featured great acting on the part of Bailee Madison and Taylor Geare, who played Tobey and Natalie's young daughters. They were lovable, and believeable.
If you've seen the previews, then you're already anticipating an explosion on the part of Tobey Maguire. The plot still remained unpredictable for me.
Loved it. Great movie. Lots of "Holy cow" scenes.

Factoid: In Jarhead, Jake Gyllenhaal played a soldier in the Gulf War who comes home to find his girlfriend sleeping with another man.

No comments:

Post a Comment