Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fast and Furious (April 3, 2009) PG-13

Starring:
Vin Diesel (The Fast and the Furious 2001, A Man Apart 2003, Hannibal the Conqueror 2011)
Paul Walker (The Fast and the Furious 2001, Running Scared 2006, Takers 2010)
Michelle Rodriguez (The Fast and the Furious 2001, Resident Evil 2002, Machete 2010)
Jordana Brewster (The Fast and the Furious 2001, Annapolis 2006)
John Ortiz (American Gangster 2007, Jack Goes Boating 2010)
Laz Alonso (Miracle at St. Anna 2008, Straw Dogs 2011)

After the last two sequels to 2001's ground-breaking, box office smash I really wasn't expecting much from this third, and maybe final, installment to The Fast and the Furious saga.
Fast and Furious, however, was very well-done and entertaining. Paul Walker may have taken acting lessons since the first two installments. He was great in Running Scared and he was great in this. He was intense, believeable, and funny all when he needed to be.

And Jordana Brewster has grown more beautiful over the years...

The plot was similar to the others. Not much new there. But then, we don't watch these movies for the plot any more than for the acting.
We watch these movies for the cars...

Truth be told, I was disappointed in the cars in this film.
A beautiful '72 Ford Gran Torino Sport
A '70 Chevy Chevelle
And a '70 Dodge Charger
Of course there were other cars too, but they weren't as impressive.

Factoid: Paul Walker told director Justin Lin that he wanted to die in this movie. Lin told him no way.

No comments:

Post a Comment