Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Inglourious Basterds (August 21, 2009) R

Starring:
Brad Pitt (Fight Club 1999, The Odyssey 2012)
Eli Roth (Grindhouse 2007, Piranha 3-D 2010)
B. J. Novak ("The Office")
Melanie Laurent (Paris 2008, Beginners 2011)
Christoph Waltz (Herr Lehmann 2003, The Green Hornet 2010)
Diane Kruger (Troy 2004, Unknown White Male 2011)

Maybe if I hadn't seen previews for this film prior to seeing it, I wouldn't have been so disappointed.
The trailers I saw created an anticipation of seeing Nazis get Tarantinoed on camera, blood and guts everywhere, scene after scene of evil, Jew-killing Nazis getting butchered by Lt' Aldo Raine's notorious Basterds.
Talk about having material for Tarantino to work with!
But, alas, I left the theater thinking that maybe the only thing Tarantino can do well is dialogue. LOTS AND LOTS OF DIALOGUE.

Don't get me wrong, many Nazis were killed, but there were incredible amounts of "down-time" between killing, which is the only reason why a film like this should be made.

Surprisingly, the best part of the film (besides Melanie Laurent...) was Brad Pitt. I'd expected him to be ruining the film with his corny impression of that weird accent, but he was relatively enjoyable and entertaining.

Factoid: This film is based on a true story. Except the end of the film, that part was totally made up.

No comments:

Post a Comment