Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Inkheart (January 23, 2009) PG-13

Starring:
Brendan Fraser (The Mummy 1999, Extraordinary Measures 2010)
Paul Bettany (The Da Vinci Code 2006, Legion 2010)
Andy Serkis (The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 2001, The Hobbit: Part 1 2011)

Look at that cast! You'd think this movie would have been good! But, alas, it was terrible. And it had such promise, too.
I looked forward for over a year to the release of Inkheart starring three of my favorite Hollywood dudes. The plot looked interesting and original, and I expected the film to at least be good.
Such was not the case though.

The film's only redeeming quality ended up being the acting, since the plot was ruined by the ending of this movie.
And, for me, a hero is only as good as his villian is bad. The villian (Andy Serkis) was great, very threatening, but HIS boss was a joke.

Factoid: The film Inkheart was based off the book of the same title. Cornelia Funke, author of Inkheart, told Brendan Fraser that he inspired her book character Mo, who Fraser played in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment