Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Terminator Salvation (May 21, 2009) PG-13

Starring:
Christian Bale (The Machinist 2004, The Fighter 2010)
Sam Worthington (Macbeth 2006, Clash of the Titans 2010)
Moon Bloodgood (Pathfinder 2007, Beautiful Boy 2010)
Anton Yelchin (Star Trek 2010, Untitled Star Trek Sequel 2011)
Jadagrace
Bryce Dallas Howard (Lady in the Water 2006, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse 2010)
Michael Ironside (The Machinist 2004, Liberty 2010)

I thought Christian Bale was supposed to be the star of Terminator Salvation, but I was corrected. He was practically the antigonist at times.

The star of the movie, Sam Worthington, does great. Worthington is definately one of the up-and-coming actors to watch in 2010 and '11. So far I've only seen him in two roles; this and Avatar, and he plays a conflicted character torn between worlds in both films. I'm interested to see him in Clash of the Titans soon........

Mr. Bale, however, plays America's favorite machine-killer, John Connor. And though it pains me to say this about Bale, I think someone else should have been cast in his role. I just don't like to see Bale playing such mindless, action roles. Something just wasn't right.

The movie, however, was fantastic. The special effects were huge and fitting. The plot was exciting. The characters were real. The conflict was desperate.
It's just a great movie.

Spoiler alert: Though he is not credited, Arnold does make a brief appearance in Terminator Salvation.

Factoid: It was during the filming of Terminator Salvation that Christian Bale had his infamous "freak out" when a lighting tech walked on set while cameras were rolling. Click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0auwpvAU2YA to listen. WARNING: CONTAINS R-RATED LANGUAGE, but you will love Christian Bale more afterwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment