Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Starring:
Daniel Radcliffe (December Boys 2007, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I 2010)
Rupert Grint (Wild Target 2009, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I 2010)
Emma Watson ("Ballet Shoes" 2007, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I 2010)
Michael Gambon (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 2004, The Book of Eli 2010)
Maggie Smith (Hook 1991, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I 2010)
Alan Rickman (Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves 1991, Alice in Wonderland 2010)
Bonnie Wright (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 2001, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I 2010)
David Thewlis (Timeline 2003, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I 2010)
Jim Broadbent (Moulin Rouge 2001, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II 2011)
Robbie Coltrane (From Hell 2001, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I 2010)
Helena Bonham Carter (Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street 2007, Alice in Wonderland 2010)
Dave Legeno (Outlaw 2007, Centurion 2010)
Timothy Spall (Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street 2007, Alice in Wonderland 2010)
Tom Felton (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 2001, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I 2010)
Jessie Cave (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II 2011)
Evanna Lynch (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 2007, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I 2010)
Matthew Lewis (Harry Potter and the Sorverer's Stone 2001, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I 2010)
Warwick Davis (Willow 1988, Shortfellas 2010)

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is the worst of the Harry Potter movies. I am not a fan. Even less happened in this movie than in the last one! And not much happened in Order of the Phoenix.
Full of young romance, well, love potions... that seemed to go in circles to finally nowhere.

Then there's the plot. You can't tell me the script/story writers didn't have a lot to work with.

The movie does what the last three movies have done: It builds toward Deathly Hallows.

If Deathly Hallows isn't completely amazing... like, Star Wars amazing, then the entire movie saga will be for nothing.

Factoid: Evanna Lynch acts, in real life, a lot like her character, Luna Lovegood. At least, she reminds ME of Luna...

No comments:

Post a Comment