Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Box (November 6, 2009) PG-13

Starring:
Cameron Diaz (There's Something About Mary 1998, Knight and Day 2010)
James Marsden (X-Men 2000, Superman Returns 2006, Death at a Funeral 2010)
Frank Langella (Superman Returns 2006, Frost/Nixon 2009, All Good Things 2010)

With the moral to the story already apparent in the trailers seen on TV I thought that The Box would offer something else besides, well, a moral lesson.
Regrettably I did not enjoy The Box as much as I had hoped. While the story was relatively original and the acting by Diaz and Marsden was excellent I left the theater disappointed.

Factoid: The international mortality rate is 107 human deaths per minute. Also--
When asked "Would you push the button in The Box?" pollers voted as followed as of 12/19/09:
In a heartbeat: 22%
Never: 42%
It depends: 22%
That button is suspicious: 13%

No comments:

Post a Comment