Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

17 Again (April 17, 2009) PG-13

Starring:
Zach Efron (High School Musical 2006, The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud 2010)
Matthew Perry (The Whole Nine Yards 2000, Down and Dirty Pictures 2010)
Michelle Trachtenberg (Harriet the Spy 1996, Young Americans 2010)
Leslie Mann (The 40 Year Old Virgin 2005, What Was I Thinking? 2011)

Wow. A movie with a moral.

And what's that moral?
Wait until you're married to have sex.
Who saw that coming from a movie made in THIS country?

The movie wasn't my first choice to see, especially in theaters, but I ended up laughing the entire time and genuinely enjoying it.
Zach Efron was great, and I have more respect for him now than I did before.

Factoid: Efron get slapped numerous times during 17 Again, but he says there were a lot of slap takes that aren't shown. He went to shoot that day, the day he got slapped the most, thinking there was a way to "fake slap"...he was wrong, and surprised.
And Mr. Efron was offered the leading role in a Footloose remake (set for release in June, 2010), but turned it down because, he says, "I'd love to do some non-musicals."

No comments:

Post a Comment