Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You (February 6, 2009) PG-13

Starring:
Ginnifer Goodwin (In the Land of Women 2007, Ramona and Beezus 2010)
Justin Long (Live Free or Die Hard 2007, Going the Distance 2010)
Jennifer Connelly (Requiem for a Dream 2000, What's Wrong with Virginia 2010)
Jennifer Anniston (Derailed 2005, The Bounty Hunter 2010)
Ben Affleck (Pearl Harbor 2001, The Town 2010)
Scarlett Johansson (Scoop 2006, Iron Man 2 2010)

This movie was like Hitch, only instead of educating men on how to get girls, this movie attempts to educate girls on how to tell when guys like them.
It asks the question: "How can you tell when a guy really likes you vs. when he just wants to get into your pants vs. when he's really just not interested?"

The acting was decent enough to get the message across. Even with the gorgeous cast, the only character in the film with a head on his shoulders was Justin Long's. All the rest were swimming blind in a sea of dating confusion.

I only saw most of it to be honest. I wasn't inspired to see it through, if that's an indication of anything.
Then, of course, I'm not curious how to tell if guys are interested... I don't live a politically-correst, gender-neutral life...

Factoid: He's Just Not That Into You was based off an advice book of the same title. Other films which have done something similar are Mean Girls (based off Queen Bees and Wannabees) and How to Lose Friends and Alienate People (based off a book of the same title which was based off the book How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie which is this blogger's favorite self-help book!).

No comments:

Post a Comment