Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Friday the 13th (2009)

Starring:
Jared Padalecki ("Supernatural" 2005-2010, Friday the 13th: Part 2 2010)
Danielle Panabaker (Mr. Brooks 2007, The Crazies 2010)
Derek Mears (The Hills Have Eyes II 2007, Friday the 13th: Part 2 2010)
Aaron Yoo (Disturbia 2007, Kid Cannibis 2011)
Travis Van Winkle (Accepted 2006, Last Call 2010)

The cast list goes on and on, full of good-looking young people, as usual for a Friday the 13th movie.

You obviously wouldn't see this movie for its artistic contributions to the film industry. You would see this movie to watch good-looking young people being horny for each other and then getting slashed to death by hockey-mask-wearing, immortal murderer.

I was disappointed, though, because I thought there would be some tangible, or, at the very least, noticeable reason for the remake of the original of 1980.
I thought maybe they'd develope some complex back-story about Jason, but his back-story kinda sucked... I saw no reason for this film to exist... unless Jason fans couldn't stand the thought of not getting to watch the giant psycho kill in creative ways. That's possible.
Duh.

If you're a fan of the Friday the 13th movie series then, let's face it, you've already seen this movie.

Factoid: The original Friday the 13th of 1980 was created to be a bloody combination of murder and laughter. It's since grown into 12 movies, a TV show, novels, comic books, and various merchandise including action figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment