Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Blind Side (November 20, 2009) PG-13

Starring:
Sandra Bullock (Miss Congeniality, One of the Guys 2010)
Tim McGraw (Flicka, The Kingdom, Love Don't Let Me Down 2010)
Quinton Aaron (Mr. Brooklyn, Cred 2009)

I was expecting this film to be good, especially after hearing from reliable sources (including my brother Tim) that it was very well done. Sure enough, my brother was right.

Even if you're tired of all the football movies that have been coming out, you can still enjoy The Blind Side. It's almost not a football movie, it's more about what it means to be a good person. It reminds me of what Dale Carnegie said in his best-selling How to Win Friends and Influence People, that the best feeling comes from helping someone who won't be able to pay you back.

I'm left wondering, also, who the real star of the movie was. If it was Sandra Bullock's character, who fought against the ignorance her social standing seemed to inspire, or if it was Quinton Aaron's character (Michael Oher) who struggled with things like trying to live in a white school, academics, and himself.

The message I gathered: help others even if they can't help you back. Cause you never know, they may end up going pro in the NFL and you'll get a movie made about you.

Factoid: According to sources, The Blind Side was a very accurate representation of Michael Oher's life. What the movie didn't seem to touch much on though, was that Oher almost couldn't read when he was enrolled in a Christian high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment