Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Push (February 6, 2009) PG-13

Starring:
Chris Evans (Fantastic Four, The Losers 2010)
Dakota Fanning (War of the Worlds, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse 2010)
Camilla Belle (When a Stranger Calls 2006, Mary Mother of Christ 2011)
Djimon Hounsou (Gladiator 2000, The Tempest 2010)

Better than I expected, especially after my disappointment with Jumpers which is similar in plot and nature.
I liked the performances I saw all around from all characters major and minor. The plot is simple: keep the badguys from gaining power and killing you. But even with the machine-gun-wielding Chinese henchmen running around I still thought that Push was and is original, well-done, and worth watching.

Factoid: Djimon Hounsou has played major roles in the following films:
Gladiator
The Island
Eragon
Blood Diamond
The Four Feathers
Push

All of these films make strong statements about treating all people equally and humanely no matter their origins, race, birth, or differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment