Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (August 7, 2009) PG-13

Starring:
Channing Tatum (Step Up 2006, Dear John 2010)
Ray Park (Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 1999, The King of Fighters 2010)
Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Killshot 2008, Inception 2010)
Christopher Eccleston (Gone in Sixty Seconds 2000, "Lennon Naked" 2010)
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ("LOST" 2005-2006, Farming 2011)
Byung-hun Lee (I Come With the Rain 2008, Iris: The Movie 2010)
Sienna Miller (Stardust 2007, Hippie Hippie Shake 2010)
Rachel Nichols (Star Trek 2009, The Loop 2010)
Jonathan Pryce (Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl 2003, Hysteria 2010)
Arnold Vosloo (The Mummy 1999, Way of the Warrior 2010)
Marlon Wayans (White Chicks 2004, Richard Pryor: Is It Something I Said? 2010)
Dennis Quaid (The Rookie 2002, Legion 2010)

This movie was completely action packed. I really don't recall a moment when there wasn't something exploding, shooting, or moving really really fast.

And look at that cast! Really, how could you go wrong?
Well, I don't know, but I feel like there really was something wrong with this movie. Something was missing.
Maybe it was the awkward back-and-forth the film did between trying to be realistic while simultaneously being completely, ridiculously UNrealistic.

But don't get me wrong, I'm glad I saw this in theaters.

Factoid: Channing Tatum was mildly jealous of the girls in this movie, because he thought that they got to do all the cool fighting scenes while he got his "butt kicked" (www.collider.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment