Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife (August 14, 2009) PG-13

Starring:
Rachel McAdams (The Notebook 2004, Morning Glory 2010)
Eric Bana (Troy 2004, Star Trek 2009, Factor X 2011)

I cried a little. Just wanna get that out of the way.

The Time Traveler's Wife was heart-breaking, soft, and difficult. It didn't go in the directions I thought it would go, and instead stayed true to its own set of rules that, well, worked great for the film.

A great date movie, although as a guy/Trekky I was finding myself questioning the nature of Eric Bana's character's time-travel ability. The film makes attempts at scientific explanation that I wasn't overly fond of. I would have just as well preferred the film simply to have Eric and Rachel shrug their shoulders simultaneously at the question of "how is this time-travel possible?"

Factoid: When McAdams and Bana interviewed each other (regarding The Time Traveler's Wife) for Moviefone, McAdams admitted that she can relate better to Bana's character because of her transient life-style.

No comments:

Post a Comment