Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Angels and Demons (May 15, 2009) PG-13

Starring:
Tom Hanks (Road to Perdition 2002, The Lost Symbol 2012)
Ewan McGregor (Moulin Rouge 2001, The Ghost Writer 2010)
Ayelet Zurer (Vantage Point 2008)
Strellan Skarsgard (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest 2006, Thor 2011)
Nikolaj Lie Kaas (The Half Life of Timofy Berezin 2006, The Whistleblower 2010)
Armin Mueller-Stahl (Pilgrim 2000, Eastern Promises 2007)

Tom Hanks is mis-cast again in what was supposed to be a good sequel to 2006's The Da Vinci Code.
It's a shame to see an Academy Award-winning actor, a fantastic actor, possibly the greatest actor of our day next to Daniel Day-Lewis, and see this actor star in a simple money-maker.
And who knew Ron Howard would fall so far!!! He directs A Beautiful Mind and then Cinderella Man, which were both amazing and ground-breaking, and then sells out and does Dan Brown novel adaptions.
What's next? Is Martin Scorsese going to direct Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides???
is Ridley Scott going to direct Spiderman 4???

The movie was just another conspiracy movie with some real-life history thrown in. You have to wonder, though, what's historical and what's Dan Brown filling in the gaps...

I think a movie like this is pointless, and unnecessary.

I can't believe I just wrote a negative review about a movie that starred Tom Hanks and featured Ewan McGregor. My heroes!!!

Factoid: To recreate enormous plaza in the movie, the creators rented an enormous parking lot in Hollywood and turned it into the huge, round, life-size replica.

No comments:

Post a Comment