Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (May 1, 2009) PG-13

Starring:
Hugh Jackman (Australia 2008, Prisoners 2010)
Liev Schreiber (Defiance 2008, Salt 2010)
Danny Huston (30 Days of Night 2007, Robin Hood 2010)
Will i Am (Madagascar 2: Escape to Africa 2008)
Lynn Collins (The Number 23 2007, John Carter of Mars 2010)
Kevin Durand (3:10 to Yuma 2007, Robin Hood 2010)
Dominic Monaghan (The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 2001, Pet 2011)
Taylor Kitsch (The Covenant 2006, John Carter of Mars 2010)
Daniel Henney (Ma-i-pa-deo 2007)
Tahyna Tozzi (Beautiful 2009, Needle 2010)
Ryan Reynolds (Smokin' Aces 2006, Deadpool 2011, Green Lantern 2011)

A great movie for anyone who didn't already know a thing or two about Marvel's greatest comic book character, Wolverine.
This film further damages the once angry and mysterious X-Men champion. Hugh Jackman's Wolverine could be Cyclops's older brother. What a sham.

The movie was entertaining, don't get me wrong, but it's a shame to watch my favorite Marvel character get changed/updated for the worse.

I'm a purist, and I am angered by X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The producers should be embarrassed.
I can't blame Hugh Jackman though. He is who he is, and he isn't Wolverine. He would have made a great Sabretooth though...
And I thought Liev Schreiber would do so good as Sabretooth, too. I was wrong. He could be a good bad guy, a fearsome animal, but he just wasn't cutting it.
They never even call him Sabretooth. Probably cause the name wouldn't fit.

The one good thing that came out of this movie (besides Kevin Durand's Blob) was Ryan Reynolds. I look forward to his spin-off movie, Deadpool. He really was born to play that role.

Factoid: On days when Hugh Jackman will be playing the character Wolverine, he starts off his day with a cold shower so he can recall that angry feeling that makes Wolverine who he is. By nature, Jackman is not an angry guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment