Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li (February 27, 2009) PG-13

Starring:
Kristen Kreuk ("Smallville" 2001-2009, "Chuck" 2010)
Chris Klein (Say It Isn't So 2001, The Wild Bunch 2010)
Neal McDonough (The Guardian 2006, Ticking Clock 2010)
Moon Bloodgood (Pathfinder 2007, Beautiful Boy 2010)
Robin Shou (Mortal Kombat 1995, City of Angels 2012)
Taboo (Cosmic Radio 2007)
Michael Clarke Duncan (The Green Mile 1999, Bailey 2010)

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from a random, uncalled-for sequel to Van Damme's Street Fighter (1994), but I actually relatively enjoyed this movie.
The fight sequences were good, the acting was good enough, and overall the film worked.

Weird though, I didn't expect to see Kristen Kreuk in an action movie like this. She can really move!

And do you see that cast?! How did they get a Mortal Kombat star to appear in this?!?!
And of course actors Neal McDonough and Michael Clarke Duncan add their super-star legitimacy to the film. I wouldn't have guessed they'd appear in what I thought would be a B-quality movie sequel.

Good movie. Not the best, but better than I'd expected.

Factoid: Kristen Kreuk's trainers and choreographers didn't speak English, and mostly taught her without the aid of verbal communication. She describes that experience as "rare and wonderful" (www.girl.com.au).

No comments:

Post a Comment