Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Predators (July 9, 2010) R

Starring:
Adrien Brody (The Jacket 2005, Midnight in Paris 2011)
Topher Grace (In Good Company 2004, The Double 2011)
Alice Braga (I Am Legend 2007, The Rite 2011)
Walter Goggins ("Justified" 2010, Cowboys & Aliens 2011)
Oleg Taktarov (Righteous Kill 2008, Ultimate Champion 2010)
Laurence Fishburne (The Matrix 1999, Contagion 2011)
Danny Trejo (The Devil's Rejects 2005, Machete 2010)

With Robert Rodriguez directing, I didn't know where this movie was going to go. That's one of the benefits of being a totally unpredictable director.

My roommate, Jason, and I agree that Predators is totally comparable to Predator and Predator 2.

The action was great.

The actors and characters were all perfect, totally perfect.

Lawrence Fishburne was freaking awesome.

And Topher Grace didn't ruin the movie like I though he might. He actually filled his role perfectly. That was my biggest peeve about this movie was that I thought they'd try to make Topher Grace out to be some kind of hardcore killer. I'm glad they didn't, cause Topher Grace is a pansy who ruined Spiderman 3 single-handedly.

The Predators in this movie were awesome, too. Not to be tangled with.

As seen in previews, the film also gives a much-desired insight into the Predator home world. Loved it. I want to see more.

I want a sequel. I want Robert Rodriguez to do another Predators movie.

Oh wait, he wants that too!!!

Not bad for a Twilight-sized budget...

Factoid: Rodriguez wrote this movie back in 1994, but 20th Century Fox denied it for budgeting reasons. The story presented in Predators is the same story Rodriguez wrote in 1994.

No comments:

Post a Comment