Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Edge of Darkness (January 29, 2010) R

Starring:
Mel Gibson (Braveheart 1995, The Beaver 2010)
Ray Winstone (Beowolf 2007, Red Snow 2011)
Danny Huston (30 Days of Night 2007, Robin Hood 2010)
Bojana Nokanovic (Drag Me to Hell 2009, Devil 2011)


I love Mel. Always will, no matter what stupid, ignorant stuff he says. He's always been a brilliant actor, and I've loved everything I've seen him in. Including Edge of Darkness.


But not all I have to say about Edge of Darkness is good. The film did have a lot of heart. Mel really pulled me into the pain he felt at the sudden, horrid loss of his only daughter--the only woman in his life. I felt his pain right along with him, and I don't even have kids!

The film also had an originality to it that is strange considering it really was, in a lot of ways, just another conspiracy movie. It was an unpredictable conspiracy movie, and one that I liked a lot.


And, of course, Ray Winstone is in it along with Danny Huston, so there was no lack of legitimate actors doing great jobs contributing to the whole dark, foreboding mood.


Factoid: Part of the purpose of this movie, according to Mel and the Director, was to show what a man can do when he has nothing left to lose and doesn't care if he lives or dies.
Also, the film is a remake of a BBC mini-series television show of the same name, with the same character names, and a similar political/conspiracy plot-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment