Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightening Thief (PG) February 12, 2010

Starring:
Logan Lerman (3:10 to Yuma 2007, Gamer 2009, Untitled Spiderman Movie 2012 rumored as Peter Parker...)
Brandon T. Jackson (Fast and Furious 2009, Lottery Ticket 2010)
Alexandra Dadario ("All My Children" 2002-2003, "White Collar" 2009-2010, Bereavement 2010)
Sean Bean (Troy 2004, The Magnificent Eleven 2010)
Pierce Brosnan (The Tailer of Panama 2001, The Ghost Writer 2010)
Rosario Dawson (Seven Pounds 2008, The Zookeeper 2010)
Catherine Keener (The 40 Year Old Virgin 2005, Nailed 2010)
Uma Thurman (Kill Bill: Vol. 1 2003, Kill Bill: Vol. 3 2014)
Joe Pantoliano (The Matrix 1999, Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore 2010)

Alexandra Dadario is hot, and in real life she's 24 even though she plays a 17-year-old in this movie. Very hot. That's the most important thing in this blog posting.

The movie would be entertaining if I was much younger, but overall it had little to offer by way of originality or thrills. The story was rushed like the movie Eragon was. Also, it was predictable and childish.

Not even Sean Bean could save it with his depiction of Zeus. I thought he'd show me something new, but he breezed through the role only managing to take away from the movie.

It's a movie for kids, though it does hold some entertainment value for grown-ups. It's a good theater experience too, as parts of the movie are epic in scale.

Factoid: Alexandra Daddario trained at a sort of "boot camp" for three weeks for her action roles. Also, she's very hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment