Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Wolfman (February 12, 2010) R

Starring:
Benicio Del Toro (Sin City 2005, The Three Stooges 2010)
Emily Blunt (The Young Victoria 2009, Gulliver's Travels 2010)
Anthony Hopkins (The Mask of Zorro 1998, Thor 2011)
Hugo Weaving (V for Vendetta 2005, The Hobbit: Part 1 2012)

I had high hopes for The Wolfman, I really did. Some of my hopes were met, like my hope that the movie would surprise me here and there, that the film would be extreme and grotesque, and that the film would have great acting and shed an artistic light to the mindlessly bloody story of the wolfman. The film did all of these things, but it also failed in some important regards.

The plot was supposed to be deep and maybe even meaningful, but the film all felt too self-contained and predictable. It felt like this film exists for its own sake.

If you're not looking for anything deep or philisophical though, this is still a great movie. Blood, guts, jump-scenes, great special effects, action, and the creepiest ferrel boy you've ever seen.

I liked this movie, but it was disappointingly predictable and unoriginal.

Factoid: Today is Emily Blunt's 27th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment