Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

From Paris With Love (February 5, 2010) R

Starring:
John Travolta (Face/Off 1997, Wild Hogs 2: Bachelor Ride 2011)
Jonathan Rhys Meyers (Mission: Impossible III 2006, At Swim-Two-Birds 2010)
Kasia Smutniak (Carnera: The Walking Mountain 2008, La passione 2010)

What an awesome movie. I have a renewed respect for John Travolta. Rhys Meyers was alright, but this was definitely Travolta's show.

I half expected this to be another Rush Hour type movie, with lots of laughs and enough plot to get by. As it turns out, the plot wasn't the best part of this film. It was Travolta, and the great things he says and does throughout the story.

I mean (sort of a spoiler-alert here...) Travolta makes Rhys Meyers carry around a big vase full of crack for half the movie! How often do you see stuff like that?!

And, as in the previews, Travolta enjoys a "Royale with cheese." It was great to hear/see that, being the enormous Tarantino fan I am...

And, I swear, Travolta must've lifted like crazy to look how he did. I've never seen him like this.

Factoid: Travolta enjoyed acting with Rhys Meyers, and describes him as "agreeable", punctual, and intelligent.

No comments:

Post a Comment