Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Crazies (February 26, 2010) R

Starring:
Timothy Olyphant (Live Free or Die Hard 2007, Elektra Luxx 2010)
Radha Mitchell (Silent Hill 2006)
Joe Anderson (Across the Universe 2007, Flutter 2010)
Danielle Panabaker (Mr. Brooks 2007, Weakness 2010)
Glenn Morshower ("24" 2001-2009, Walking Distance 2010)
Brett Rickaby (On the Doll 2007, Bereavement 2010)

This movie was DISTURBING, just like I'd hoped.

Timoty Olyphant delivered a great performance, as expected, as did everyone else in the cast. Joe Anderson disappeared into his role, as always, and was a point of interest throughout most of the film. Of course it's also always good to see Glenn Morshower, gotta love him.

I was surprised how easy to follow the plot was though. The whole time you pretty much knew exactly what was going on, versus other George A. Romero films that are plagued with deadly viruses and lots of questions that start with the word "How...?"

I must conclude by saying that this film was INTENSE. It was GROTESQUE. It was HORRID and SICK and I enjoyed the whole thing.

Not for the faint of heart.

Factoid: This film was a remake of the 1973 film by George A. Romero of the same name.

No comments:

Post a Comment