Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Lovely Bones (January 15, 2009) PG-13

Starring:
Saoirse Ronan (City of Ember 2008, The Way Back 2010)
Mark Wahlberg (Max Payne 2008, The Fighter 2010)
Stanley Tucci (The Devil Wears Prada 2006, Easy A 2010)
Rachel Weisz (The Fountain 2006, The Whistleblower 2010)
Susan Sarandon (Elizabethtown 2005, Peacock 2010)
Rose McIver ("Maddigan's Quest" 2006, "Power Rangers: R.P.M." 2009)

It's rare to see a film with such a polar contrast between beauty and hideousness. Only Peter Jackson could pull it off so perfectly.

The acting was great all around, but of course the performance that stood out most was Stanley Tucci's rendition of a sick murderer. I've never seen Tucci in such a horrific role before, and he did it so well.

I honestly thought I was prepared for what The Lovely Bones had to offer, but even after seeing every trailer/commercial for this film 100 times I still was blown away, surprised, and impressed throughout the film.

I loved it, and think it's something everyone should see (in theaters).

Factoid: Rose McIver plays Saoirse Ronan's younger sister, even though in real life McIver is 22 and Ronan is 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment