Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (January 8, 2010) PG-13

Starring:
Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight 2008)
Christopher Plummer (The New World 2005, Priest 2010)
Andrew Garfield (Lions for Lambs 2007, I'm Here 2010)
Lily Cole (Rage 2009, There Be Dragons 2010)
Johnny Depp (Public Enemies 2009, Alice in Wonderland 2010)
Colin Farrell (The New World 2005, The Way Back 2010)
Jude Law (Rage 2009, Repo Men 2010)
Verne Troyer (Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me 1999, War of the Dragon 2010)
Tom Waits (Domino 2005, The Book of Eli 2010)

Beautifully weird, deranged, and TOTALLY original.

What if you made a deal with the devil, and you had the ability to transport people into yours/their imagination where they chose between selling their soul to the devil or not without knowing it?!?! What kind of movie would that be?

And I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to see Heath back in action. My heart truly broke with his passing. It hurt, so seeing him again in a film really made me happy.

If you miss Heath, you MUST see this.

Regardless of my love for Heath, though, I must say there were plot holes just I just couldn't ignore. It took away from the film slightly, but I still loved this movie. It was great acting on the parts of all the characters--ALL OF THEM. The whole cast listed above did fantastic, and Andrew Garfield and Lily Cole made a great first impression on me. They are very talented.

Factoid: Heath had only finished filming two thirds of his role when he passed. The remainder of his important role had to played by others once the decision to finish the film was made. The condition was that the three men who played Heath's character had to be his friends--hence, Colin Farrell, Jude Law, and Johnny Depp were chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment