Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (December 25, 2013) PG


Starring:
Ben Stiller (Zoolander, Meet the Parents, Tropic Thunder)
Kristen Wiig (Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, MacGruber, Extract)
Adam Scott (Step Brothers, Parks and Recreation, 
Sean Penn (The Thin Red Line, I Am Sam, Gangster Squad)
Walter Mitty (Stiller) and Sean O'Connell (Penn)
(Photo taken from blogs.indiewire.com)

While I'm not usually one to go out of my way for a "feel good" movie (who wants that?) I genuinely enjoyed Walter Mitty.  I loved this movie.  I saw it twice.

It's a great date movie, by the way ;)

The acting was excellent and I'd say all in all my only complaint was Adam Scott's beard.  His beard was RIDICULOUS.  You have to see it.

I read the short story of the same title in college and heard years ago they were making a movie, but until I saw the previews I wasn't overly excited for this movie because of the nature of the short story.  The short story sort of spins its wheels just like the main character, Mitty, does.  

I highly recommend taking your wife, girlfriend, or just the girl you like to see this movie.  I think everyone who isn't happy with their life should see it.

Factoid: Greenland and Iceland are heavily featured in this movie, but all scenes for both countries were filmed in Iceland.

No comments:

Post a Comment