Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Expendables (August 13, 2010) R

Starring:
Sylvester Stallone (Judge Dredd 1995, The Zookeeper 2011)
Jason Statham (Crank 2006, Pretty, Baby, Machine 2011)
Randy Coutor (Invincible 2006)
Steve Austin (The Condemned 2007, The Boxer and the Kid 2011)
Jet Li (Hero 2002, New Dragon Gate Inn 2011)
Dolph Lundgren (Masters of the Universe 1987, Universal Soldier: The New Dimension 2011)
Charisma Carpenter (Angel 1999-2004, The Human Factor 2011)
Eric Roberts (The Dark Knight 2008, The Wayshower 2011)
Giselle Itei (The Mystery of Sintra 2007)
Terry Crews (Gamer 2009, Lottery Ticket 2010)
Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler 2008, Pretty, Baby, Machine 2011)

I hoped for something incredible and unbelievable. I got EXACTLY what I wanted.

And how could you go wrong with the above-mentioned cast?! Terry Crews must be counting his blessings for having landed the role he got with the cast he worked with. He had the coolest gun of all, too... That gun freaked me out the first time. I was out of my seat.

And the action was like nothing I'd ever seen before.

Jet Li wore heavy combat boots that, I believe, slowed him down so he wasn't his usual quick, nimble self. Watching him fight was like watching a short white martial arts expert--it almost wasn't Jet Li. I liked seeing something different (for once) from Li.

And Stallone has still got it. Still ripped, still grabs your attention, and still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

The plot? Perhaps it's the simplicity of the plot that I loved so much.

This is a MUST SEE in theaters, and is NOT FOR THE FEINT OF HEART...

Factoid: Stallone is talking about a sequel...

No comments:

Post a Comment