Welcome! I'm MovieKnight

Movies are my passion. Movies are my life. If you can't talk about movies, I can't talk to you.
I don't have a "5 Stars" or "two thumbs up" rating system of my own. I rarely see a rating I agree with, and I'm not about to make the same mistake myself.
I do my best to make this blog interesting, useful, and informative.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Up in the Air (December 23, 2009) R

Starring:
George Clooney (Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? 2000, The American 2010)
Vera Formiga (The Departed 2006, Source Code 2011)
Anna Kendrick (Twilight 2008, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2010)
Jason Bateman (Extract 2009, Arrested Development 2011)

I can see from this film why it was nominated for 6 Oscars. But naturally, since the film was really good, it didn't win any.

The story itself is so relevent to current events and modern society. It really spoke to our time.

The acting was wonderful too. Even though I'm completely head-over-heels in love with Vera Formiga, I found myself liking Anna Kendrick's performance more. She was beautiful and real. Her character was a unique and called-for addition to an already original movie.

Clooney's performance was nothing deserving an Oscar, but he did do a good job.

And I can't say enough about Vera Formiga. I LOVE that woman. I truly hope she gets cast in "The Walking Dead" TV show.

Factoid: Vera Formiga grew up in Jersey, but spoke only Ukrainian until she went to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment